Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Celebratory Pumpkin Cupcakes


So this is going to be a two post recipe about Pumpkin Cupcakes.  Today we will cover the cupcakes, tomorrow we will be covering icing decoration!  Cupcakes seem to be all the rage now don’t they?  I love that show 2 Broke Girls and I think that sort of inspired me to want to bake cupcakes and decorate them all pretty.  I am really just starting to learn to decorate cupcakes but I think I did a great job on these.  And this time I did buy some super cute pumpkin wrappers!
 

(Note: Prep-time is 15-20 minutes, bake time is 20-25 minutes)

(Note:  Recipe and ingredients are for 24 cupcakes.  I decided to alter the ingredients to make only 6 because I’m getting married this summer and my fiance and I don’t need 24 cupcakes!)


Ingredients:

Flour, 2 cups

Sugar, 2 cups [Pro tip: I used no sugar because there is a lot in the frosting, I would seriously consider cutting down the sugar to ¼ cup or none at all]

Baking Soda, 1 & ½ teaspoons

Baking Powder, 1 teaspoon

Pumpkin Spices (See Oct 5 for pumpkin spice breakdown)

Pumpkin Puree, 2 Cups, or ½ pumpkin (See Oct 1 to see how to use a real pumpkin rather than the can)

Eggs, 4, scrambled

Vegetable Oil, ½ cup

Milk, ½ cup

 

Step 1:  Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.  Line a cupcake pan with paper liners.  Spray down those liners with non-stick spray.

Step 2:  Mix together dry ingredients into a medium/large bowl. 

Step 3:  Mix together wet ingredients into a larger bowl.
 

Step 4:  Combine dry ingredients into wet in small portions.  Mix until just incorporated.

[Pro tip: Over-mixing will make your cupcakes loose air and sink into themselves]

Step 5:  Bake for 20-25 minutes in an oven heated to 350 degrees.  Let them cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes and then let them cook on a rack for a few hours.

Once they are cool you can begin the decorating.  Tomorrow, you will get to see how I decorated mine.  Spoiler alert: I use a pastry bag for the first time!  Hey now that we are half way to our goal of worshiping pumpkins for 31 day why not like 31 Days of Pumpkin on facebook or tell a friend about this blog, it would really make my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment