Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds!  I love this little treat.  My fiance thinks they taste like popcorn, and he’s right!  This is a fun and quick little snack: that’s perfect for a stay in a watch a movie night : )  Check this out!

Step 1: Remember those pumpkin seeds you saved when you cut up and cooked your pumpkin?  (See Oct 1 to learn how to cut and cook a pumpkin-you’ll be glad you did) Well now it’s time to get them out of the fridge.  Go ahead and pre-heat the oven to 300 degrees
 

Step 2: Wash them and discard any additional pumpkin goop.

Step 3: Get a baking sheet, line with tinfoil, and spray with cooking spray.

[Pro-Tip: I put down tin foil so that clean-up is easier!]

Step 4: Spread out seeds evenly on the sheet.  Throw on some spices.  Any you want.  I’m doing pepper and cumin tonight-but in the past I’ve done cinnamon and nutmeg, and I’ve tried cayenne pepper too!  Do what makes you happy!

Step 5: Place in an oven heated to 300 degrees for 40 minutes.

Done!  Start your movie. 40 minutes in, break for your snack!

Check-back tomorrow for Pumpkin Pancakes, they are great for breakfast or late night snacking!  Also Friday I’ll be going over how to make pumpkin tea and coffee (preparing you for the next work week).  Then Saturday we’ll have another go at cutting up a pumpkin (The more you do it and easier it is-and quicker too!) for some Pumpkin Scones!

Loving this blog?  Well then like 31 Days of Pumpkin on Facebook and follow me on Twitter @31daysofpumpkin to get the lasted news on Pumpkins.  Also check-out my 31 Days of Pumpkin Pinboard for extra crafts and such not seen on this blog.  Go ahead-you know you wanna go to the Pumpkin Patch! 

No comments:

Post a Comment