Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Pumpkin Pasta in a Light Peanut Sauce


Usually toward the end of the week, my meals get pretty creative.  Last Friday was no exception.  I opened my fridge to see that I really didn’t have that much to work with, but dinner needed to happen.  So I grabbed a few ingredients, namely Pumpkin, and got work on making a “throw-together” dinner.  And the results were amazing!  I encourage you all to try this recipe. 

Note: This should take you 30 minutes or less to make.

Ingredients
 

 
Chicken, 2 boneless breasts, cubed.
 
Garlic Powder
Cumin
Pepper
Pasta, any type, ½ box (I used whole wheat penne)
Pumpkin Puree, 1-2 cups.

Peanut Butter, 1-2 Tablespoons

Water, ¼ cup.
Eggs, 3, scrambled.
Spinach, 2 cups.

Olive Oil
 
Walnuts
Parmesean Cheese
Step 1: Place a large pan over med-high heat.  Drizzle olive oil over the bottom of the pan.  Boil water in a medium pot for pasta.

Step 2: Throw uncooked chicken into a heated pan.  Season with pepper, garlic powder and cumin.  When water boils, add pasta to the pot and cook until suggested time on box.  In a small bowl, mix together peanut butter and water, set aside.

Step 3: When chicken begins to brown, add the pumpkin puree, a bit more oil, and saute.

Step 4: When the chicken is just about cooked through (like with 5 or so minutes to go until finished) add in the scrambled eggs.
 

Step 5: When egg begins to cook through (about 1 minute or so) add peanut butter/water mixture.  Add a few more drops of oil.
 
Step 6: When chicken is cooked through add the spinach and cook for one minute, then turn off the heat, and cook for another minute or two.
 

Step: Add Walnuts, grated parmesan cheese, and serve!
 

I love how I had no idea how this would come out and I was literally just pulling stuff out the fridge like eggs? Sure why not?!  And it really came out awesome -- I would so make this again!  Make sure to enrich the experience with pumpkin beer (Oct 8).

A look ahead:  Tomorrow, I will be covering a cute little pumpkin craft!  And Thursday, some pumpkin muffins!  Check out the side bar to connect to my other social media sites.  I also have had people sending me some ideas!  They are so welcome, and I will pick one or two to feature in the coming weeks!  Maybe your recipe will be the lucky one!  Thanks for getting into it guys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment