Sunday, October 14, 2012

DIY: Pumpkin Wreath


Today we are working on another craft!  I will be showing you how to make a Pumpkin Wreath.  This is an easy craft that leaves a lot of room for creativity and imagination.  I picked up all the supplies on discount a craft store.  I was amazed at how nice it came out and how much use I will get out of it for a fraction of the cost of buying an already made wreath.  Plus it has my own signature style that fits in with the decor of my home.

Supplies:

Wreath
 

Beaded Garland

Synthetic Flowers with stems

Sparkly Pumpkin on a stick (If you can't find one of a stick don't worry- adapt!  Get our your glue gun.)
 

Ribbon
 
 
Step 1: Wrap garland around wreath.  I did this by sticking one end of the garland through the wreath and then wrapping the rest around the wreath.  Then I stuck the other end of the garland through the wreath and twisted the two ends together.
 

Step 2:  Stick the flowers and the pumpkin through the wreath.  I placed them on the left side to be stylish.
 

Step 3: Tie ribbon around the wreath under the flowers.
 

Step 4: Hang on door and be amazed at your handiwork!

 

So you can do this pumpkin wreath like mine, which will look so great!  Or you can add your own flair to it.  Use whatever you have at home, or can find at the store.  Go where the discounts are!  Here are some additional ideas:

More flowers

Paper flowers

More Pumpkins

Wrap ribbon around instead of garland

Synthetic Leaves

 
Why don’t you send me some pictures of how your wreath came out!  You can post here or to 31 Days of Pumpkin on Facebook!  The side bar has the link.  Happy Crafting!

 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment