Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Pumpkin Cookies

This is a great recipe.  I'm glad I know how to make these because they are a great go to for parties, week night snacks, and last minute bakery needs.  Easy and simple (the way I like it) and fun too!  I've been using a lot of fall sprinkles lately (I have a four cylinder shaker with pumpkins, yellow and orange dots, brown and orange lines, and orange sugar) because if not now-when?  

Makes 48 cookies

Ingredients

Butter, one cup softened (Leave out for 1 hour before baking)

Sugar, 1/2 cup (you know that I only used 1/4 cup)

Pumpkin Puree, 1 cup (See Oct 1st to use a real pumpkin for this!)

Egg, 1

Vanilla, 1 teaspoon

Flour, 2 cups

Baking soda, 1 teaspoon

Salt, 2 teaspoons (I didn't use)

Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Allspice, Ginger, a lot


Step 1:  Preheat oven to 350 and get out baking sheets.

Step 3:  Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl.  

Step 2:  Add Pumpkin puree and egg and mix together.

Step 4:  Add a few drops of Vanilla.

Step 5:  Combine dry ingredients in another bowl.

Step 6:  Mix dry ingredients to the wet until just incorporated.

Step 7: Grab teaspoons full of dough, roll up, and drop into a baking sheet.  Add sprinkles!!!

Step 8:  Bake for 10-12 minutes.

Step 9:  Cool on the pan for 1-2 minutes then cool on a baking sheet.

Enjoy with milk!  Or with Pumpkin Coffee or Tea (See Oct 5th for recipe)  Yum!  What a great cookie!  I'm gonna add chocolate chips next time!  How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment