Saturday, October 13, 2012

Smooth Hands Pumpkin Sugar Scrub


I love a good hand scrub.  It feels so decadent and calming to have smooth and soft hands.  A few years ago my sister gave me a scrub from a beauty party she had at the house, you know those ones where a makeup sales woman comes and give you treatments.  Since then I’ve discovered how easy it is to make your own.  Last summer I made a lemon scrub.  This October is all about pumpkins so why not smell like one!  Plus it’s great for anyone who gets dry hands in the Autumn.  I anticipate bringing this to work and using it at my desk.   And with all the cooking and baking we’ve been doing your hands probably need some loving!

Ingredients

Brown Sugar, 2 Cups (I’m making a smaller batch to bring into work so I used about ¼ cup)

White Sugar, 1 cup (again I used about ¼ cup)

Pumpkin Spices, a few shakes (I used cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and ginger) (See Oct 5 break down of pumpkin spices)

(Note: I find with this recipe Allspice really gives the scrub that pumpkin smell)

Vegetable or Sunflower Oil, 1 cup (I used a 4 tablespoons)

 

Step 1:  Mix together the dry ingredients.  The brown sugar can be a little clumpy, try your best to get the clumps out.  And like I mentioned the allspice really gave it that great smell!
 

Step 2: Add oil and mix thoroughly.  I added about one table spoon at a time and used 4 tablespoons in all.  I like it more on the liquidy side.  It kind of looks fudgey when it’s done.
 

Step 3: Store in an air tight container.  (I used a tupperware, I wish I had something cuter-next batch!)

 

To Use

Step 1: Wash hands with warm water.

Step 2: Take a quarter-sized about of scrub and rub all over hands.  The sugar scrubs at the skin, the spices give it that delicious pumpkin smell, and the oil rejuvenates your hands, leaving them soft and supple.

Step 3:  Wash hands and again with warm water.
 

Wow, my hands feel really smooth.  And I keep smelling my hands, hehe.  I’ll have to make some more for my sister - maybe in a cuter container!  These would make really fun gifts as well.  And notice in the picture there is my pumpkin candle (see Oct 10) I'm really loving those around the house. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment