Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pumpkin Muffins


Today I’m covering Pumpkin Muffins.  Make these little guys and you’ll be grabbing one each morning!   I love making muffins mainly for the muffin wrappers.  I like how you can buy different colors and designs.  The one’s I’m using are red with white and yellow flowers.  Ha ha too bad I don’t have ones with Pumpkins on them, a serious oversight on my part!  I’ll be sure to rectify this when I do my pumpkin cupcake post in a few weeks!


Note: Yields 30 muffins and takes about 40 minutes to make.

 


Ingredients:

Flour, 3 cups

Pumpkin Spices (See Oct 5 for a break down of the pumpkin spices)

Baking soda, 2 teaspoons

Sugar, 3 cups (I only used ½ cup-I’m serious you don’t need that much sugar for a great tasting treat!)

Pumpkin Puree, 2 cups (See Oct 1 to learn how to cook up real pumpkin)

Eggs, 4, scrambled

Vegetable Oil, ½ cup

Water, ½ cup


Step 1: Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.   Paper line 30 muffin cups with super sweet muffin wrappers. 

Step 2: Combine flour, spices, baking soda, and sugar in large bowl.

Step 3: Combine pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, and water in a larger bowl.

Step 4: Add flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture.  Add in segments, mixing after each.  Mix until just combined.

[Pro Tip: To prevent muffins from becoming too dense, be careful not to over mix]

Step 5:  Fill muffin cups ¾ full.

Step 6: Place in an oven heated to 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.  You know they are done when you stick in a toothpick and it comes out clean.

Step 7:  Cool in pan for 10 minutes.  Then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.

[Pro Tip: To prevent the muffins from sticking to the wrapper make sure the muffins are cooled completely]

What kind of awesome muffin wrappers did you use?  Don’t be shy, comment!  Or like 31 Days of Pumpkin of Facebook and leave a comment there.  Click the link on the side bar for more pumpkin greatness.

Now go and enjoy those muffins!  That’s an order!

No comments:

Post a Comment